Sunday 29 January 2012

76 Days to go!

Things are really getting up and running now - literally too!

All the registration with My Donate is complete, i have a fundraising page & have raised £86.20 already in 4 days. I have paper forms printed & handed out with more to be posted out to family too.

After the flu before christmas & its lasting effects i finally feel like i have life again.  I'd actually consider paying to get a flu jab, even if just from Tescos, just so i don't end up missing a month of exercise again! The rest of the house got it after me but they both had flu jabs in November and neither suffered the after effects that i did.  Anyway i feel alive again, have managed a full week of exercise including 2 runs.

I have time to make up on the training but I need to make sure i don't push it too hard too fast.  The last thing i need now is an injury! So i started with the scheduled 3 mile on Thursday, which felt hard after 2.4 miles but i kept pushing until the end & completed the full 3 miles. I guess i haven't lost all of my fitness if i can pull out 3 miles having not run for a few weeks.

Then yesterday was supposed to be a 12 mile long run - hmmm.... well i knew that was out of the question so i thought i'd aim for half of that. But after 3 miles the debate in my head started about taking a walk break.  I find if i let the debate go on in my mind, the longer i think about it, the longer i keep running for. However i could feel blisters starting to rub under the arches of my feet.  The orthotics have certainly improved (dare i say cured?) the shin splints issue of last year however i do find they rub blisters in my running shoes.  I think i might just need to loosen the laces, or maybe try and find some anti blister socks.  Anyhow at 4.8 miles i decided enough was enough.  My Quads were killing (possibly not helped by Body Pump the night before), my hips felt very tight and i knew if the blisters formed properly it would make running for the rest of the week much harder.  So i stopped running, changed to a power walk  as i was less than a mile from home by then, so i wasn't going to call for a lift from there! No blisters but very sore patches that i will have to watch & possibly get the gel plasters on just to protect while i continue with short runs & cross training.

Its my final Legs, Bums & Tums class tomorrow night before i stop until after the race.  Afterall Mondays are timetabled to be a rest day & if i am going to catch up the mileage i am going to need to take the rest days properly - I think the flu has turned me sensible too!

I will make posts more interesting with pictures and other things but right now its almost 11pm and i need to take my legs to bed.  No RDA tomorrow, i have a week off this monday but i have plenty of fundraising & publicity jobs to do to keep me busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment